Traditional Farmhouse Accommodation in the
Scenic Dartmoor National Park
Lowertown Farm Bed & Breakfast is set in a peaceful rural hamlet within the Dart valley, three miles away from the picturesque village of Widecombe-in-the-Moor. We are surrounded by ninety three acres of farmland with open moorland above and below the farm.
Luke and Hannah, the second generation to live at the 500yr old farmhouse, welcome you with a warm log fire (perfect for those cold winter nights), comfy sofas and full English Breakfasts.
Whether it’s kayaking, climbing the granite tors, riding a horse across the moors or simply exploring the beauty of Dartmoor, Hannah and Luke, with their keen interest in the outdoors, are able to provide you with an enjoyable stay. Luke is an experienced kayaker and climber and can give you advice on local rivers and crags.
We have three rooms, all at reasonable prices. Our visitor book is full of positive comments from previous guests, many of whom come back time and time again. You can also read our environmental policy.
For your evening meals there are a number of good quality pubs in the area, one of which is just a short walk though the fields. We can also provide you with a packed lunch with prior notice.
- We were mentioned in The Sunday Times on 15th January 2012 in an article about Steven Spielberg’s film War Horse famously filmed on Dartmoor within a few miles of our farmhouse.
- We have also been listed in Countryfile Magazine’s “Top Ten Farmstays in the UK”.
- We are now on Facebook and Twitter and have a Blog which includes everything from living on Dartmoor, our ponies for sale and what to do on your holiday with us so keep in touch!
- We are also adding YouTube videos of our B&B and ponies.
- We are one of a few selected British farms as part of Country Living Magazine's Keep Britain Farming.
We hope you will arrive as guests and leave as friends, then return to explore Dartmoor further!
To book please phone 01364 631034 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Dartmoor Ponies for Sale
We have a small selection of quality Dartmoor ponies for sale, each one carefully bred with an emphasis on temperament and conformation. Please look at our Ponies for Sale page for more information, or our blog, specialising in just our Dartmoor Ponies.
We welcome visits and can provide ongoing advice on their care and management. If you would prefer to loan a pony please call us as this could be an option.
Lowertown Farm Livery Stables
Small, friendly and peaceful yard for your horse or pony within Dartmoor National Park, fifteen minutes away from Ashburton and Buckfastleigh. We are especially suitable for permanently retired horses of all ages. Due to popular demand we are currently running a waiting list.
Please see our livery page for details.
You are welcome to bring your horse on holiday – please see the Horse Riding Holidays page for more details.