Farmhouse Accommodation in the
Scenic Dartmoor National Park
Lowertown Farm Bed & Breakfast is set in a peaceful rural hamlet within the Dart valley, three miles away from the picturesque village of Widecombe-in-the-Moor. Luke and Hannah, the second generation to live at the farmhouse, welcome you with a warm log fire (perfect for those cold winter nights), comfy sofas and full English breakfasts.
Whether it’s kayaking, climbing the granite tors, riding a horse across the moors or exploring the beauty of Dartmoor, Hannah and Luke, with their keen interest in the outdoors, are able to provide you with an enjoyable stay. Luke is an experienced kayaker and climber and can give you advice on local rivers and crags.
We have three rooms, all at reasonable prices. Our visitor book is full of positive comments from previous guests, many of whom come back time and time again. You can also read our environmental policy.
For your evening meals there are a number of good quality pubs in the area, one of which is just a short walk though the fields.
- We were mentioned in The Sunday Times on 15th January 2012 in an article about Steven Spielberg’s film War Horse famously filmed on Dartmoor within a few miles of our farmhouse.
- We have also been listed in Countryfile Magazine’s “Top Ten Farmstays in the UK”.
- We are now on Facebook and Twitter and have a Blog which includes everything from living on Dartmoor, our ponies for sale and what to do on your holiday with us.
- We are also adding YouTube videos of our B&B and ponies.
- We are one of a few selected British farms as part of Country Living Magazine's Keep Britain Farming.
To book please phone 01364 631034 or email email@example.com, or book online using the box in the top right corner of the page.
Dartmoor Ponies for Sale
We have a small selection of quality Dartmoor ponies for sale, each one carefully bred with an emphasis on temperament and conformation. Please look at our Ponies for Sale page for more information, or our blog, specialising in just our Dartmoor Ponies.
We welcome visits and can provide ongoing advice on their care and management. If you would prefer to loan a pony please call us as this could be an option.
You are welcome to bring your horse on holiday – please see the Your riding Holiday for more details.
Lowertown Farm Livery Stables
Small, friendly and peaceful yard for your horse or pony within Dartmoor National Park, fifteen minutes away from Ashburton and Buckfastleigh with excellent hacking. Although we are especially suitable for broodmares, youngstock and retired horses.
Please see our livery page for details.